Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gratitude


I'm so grateful for good health; it enables me to handle my responsibilities, and also challenge myself to things I never would have dreamed I could do. Started training this week on the treadmill with a weighted pack, and the incline up to the highest level. (Five years ago I actually thought I was accomplishing something when I went to the Rec Center to read a book while sitting on my *** on a stationary bike - what a joke.)

Anyway, so far I'm doing well on the new plan and will be going to the rock gym this week to practice both climbing and belaying. Learning to lead climb, so I can eventually go across the ceiling there, will be so cool. I'll still have fear to deal with when doing the real climb, but if I can get strong and skilled enough it'll be more of a mental struggle than a physical one...with a little spiritual challenge thrown in for good measure.







No comments:

Post a Comment