Thursday, April 29, 2010

bad, whine-y poetry with Sam

i do not like it, Sam-I-am
i don't like this heavy backpack...
damn!

this heavy pack's upon my back
yet i'm not cut a bit of slack
another trip up the frigging hill
when all i want to do is chill

a lazy, buzzing presence
passes beside me
for the first time ever
i'm jealous of a bee

who can take a break
twenty times an hour
from that super-tough job of
pollinating a flower

(sigh)

however, my lungs
and legs feel stronger
i'm able to climb long
and longer!

ten trips up are
better than seven; and
soon i'll be on that mountain...
closer to heaven

i kinda like this, Sam-I-am
i kinda like being who i am

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sam! Next time we're hiking, if I hear a lil' buzzing I'll be sure not to try to swat it away. You're rockin' girl. Keep it up...think Alps.

    ReplyDelete